[Question #199769]: carbon-aggregator.py not aggregating.

I have written an aggregation rule to do sum on the incoming metrics from different hosts. Somehow this is not working. I am quite a newbie and please forgive my question if this is quite stupid :-) Any help would be really great.

Do i need to have carbon-relay running to do aggregation? Who forwards the metric from carbon-cache to carbon-aggregator? Who should be connecting to the port 2023/2024?

[vimau conf]$ cat aggregation-rules.conf
stats.gauges.qps.widget.all.nginx.access (60) = sum stats.gauges.qps.widget.*.nginx.access
[vimau conf]$

My metric name is correct because i am able to see the whisper file properly (when i formulate the path by replacing '.'s with '/')
../storage/whisper/stats/gauges/qps/widget/domU-x.x.x.x_compute-1_internal/nginx/access.wsp
../storage/whisper/stats/gauges/qps/widget/ip-x.x.x.x_internal/nginx/access.wsp

[vimau conf]$ grep -v ^# carbon.conf  | grep -v '^$'
[cache]
GRAPHITE_ROOT  = /opt/graphite
STORAGE_DIR    = /opt/graphite/storage/
LOCAL_DATA_DIR = /opt/graphite/storage/whisper/
WHITELISTS_DIR = /opt/graphite/storage/lists/
CONF_DIR       = /opt/graphite/storage/conf/
LOG_DIR        = /opt/graphite/storage/log/
PID_DIR        = /opt/graphite/storage/
LOCAL_DATA_DIR = /opt/graphite/storage/whisper/
USER =
MAX_CACHE_SIZE = inf
MAX_UPDATES_PER_SECOND = 500
MAX_CREATES_PER_MINUTE = 50