[Question #200888]: White/Blacklist file location

Can someone please clarify to me where the whitelist/blacklist files belong? I see conflicting mentions in the documentation and code.

The documentation suggests they should be located in the conf/ directory (as 'whitelist.conf'), but the comments in carbon.conf suggest that it should be storage/lists/ (by default), and at one stage it seemed the web app was looking for the file 'storage/lists/whitelist' (without the '.conf' extension).

Thanks