[Question #201730]: Data immediately deleted?

(I also asked this on GitHub but didn't realize more questions are answered here, sorry in advance for the repeat)

I've been looking all over the wiki and RTD pages about this, and it's quite possible I have something misconfigured, but here's the issue I'm having. I send data points to Graphite, I immediately see them show up in my graph composer or from the render url and the data graphs correctly, but then seconds later I'll refresh the graph and it's all back down to zero, even though seconds before I saw the data! It's quite frustrating.

Any ideas what's going on? Here's my storage schema configuration:
[stats]
priority = 110
pattern = ^stats\..*
retentions = 5:1d,60:14d,600:5y