Re: [Question #205258]: Can you clarify the retentions setting restrictions in the docs?

Jeff Blaine posted a new comment:
"Suggestion: It sure would be handy to have some example retentions
policies to choose from. I feel like this is probably an important /
hard-to-change setting, but I don't have a good intuition about what a
good policy might look like."

Seconded. I've been scratching my head at a few screw-ups lately of my
own.

I also second that carbon-cache should at least warn about improper
retention policies.