[Question #206200]: Is webapp compulsory?

Because of our complex requirements we can not use built in webapp. We plan on building a dashboad using graphene or cubism or D3 modules.

It looks like we have to use webapp if we want to use render/URL api. Because we intend to use D3 module there is no point is installing cairo. Even when we only need URL api, to make webapp work we have to install cairo.

I have looked for various plugins mentioned in tools section. Is there any scripts available which provide plain URL api?
Or can render/URL api scripts be stripped out from webapp easily?