Re: [Question #208946]: statsd, carbon relay, and federated storage. How does carbon let statsd know if my master is down?

Daniel Schauenberg proposed the following answer:
Hi,

this is probably best handled on the carbon side with a loadbalancer. For
StatsD to switch to the slave, you have to update the config file which is then
reloaded. That takes a considerable amount of time, which is not really in the
realm of uninterrupted failover anymore.

Cheers,
Daniel