Re: [Question #209128]: is consistent-hashing ... consistent?

Ben Whaley posted a new comment:
Glancing through the source code I can see that a node's ring placement
is based on three values:

1) the server  as passed in the DESTINATIONS config value in carbon.conf (e.g. IP address or hostname)
2) the instance (if multiple carbon instances are running on a host)
3) the replica number

Relevant source code here

https://github.com/graphite-
project/carbon/blob/master/lib/carbon/hashing.py

Based on these findings I'm thinking that if the value used in the
DESTINATION field is the same in the new location then data should be
distributed in the same way.

Disclaimer: I'm just an interested third party, not an expert.