[Question #216216]: Carbon relay and cache on the same machine

Any recommendations on running both the relay and the cache on the same machine. I experimented with different config combinations but could not get it to work.

My carbon.conf (on ip1) is as follows:

[relay]
LINE_RECEIVER_INTERFACE = 0.0.0.0
LINE_RECEIVER_PORT = 2013
RELAY_METHOD = consistent-hashing
REPLICATION_FACTOR = 2
DESTINATIONS = ip1:a, ip2:2004:b
MAX_DATAPOINTS_PER_MESSAGE = 500
MAX_QUEUE_SIZE = 10000
USE_FLOW_CONTROL = True

[cache:a]
LOCAL_DATA_DIR = /opt/graphite/storage/whisper/
USER = graphite
MAX_CACHE_SIZE = inf
MAX_UPDATES_PER_SECOND = 500
MAX_CREATES_PER_MINUTE = 50
LINE_RECEIVER_INTERFACE = 0.0.0.0
LINE_RECEIVER_PORT = 2003
ENABLE_UDP_LISTENER = False
USE_INSECURE_UNPICKLER = False
CACHE_QUERY_INTERFACE = 0.0.0.0
CACHE_QUERY_PORT = 7002
USE_FLOW_CONTROL = True
LOG_UPDATES = False
WHISPER_AUTOFLUSH = False

I could put the same relay config in a different machine, and could see the relay happening as expected, but not when I run the relay with the above config.

Thanks.