[Question #222409]: Graphite UI - Asterisk has appeared out of nowhere

Hello,

A day or two after setting up my fourth graphite installation, a new item showed up at the the top level in the dashboard javascript navigation menu. The node label is asterisk character, and when its expanded all one would see at the top-most level expand below it, verily a mirror copy of what is at the top-most level, rendered recursively below the asterisk.

I have a separate graphite server for each internal environment, I used the same procedure and same carbon/whisper/graphite versions (0.9.9).

The node-globbing seems useful, because with a single click I'm able to bring up a graph that has all the subordinate metrics added to it, but I want to make sure its not some kind of misconfiguration or bug. I want to understand it.

Can anyone tell me where this came from?
Is this a bug or some clever feature I turned on somehow?