[Question #228284]: Huge spike at the beginning of a graph when movingAverage/movingMedian function are used

Hello,

I have a deployment of graphite (0.9.x git branch @ f83a58af1e4941367c928ff3186c51d7a157014d) and we're having some weird issues with movingAverage/movingMedian functions: every time we use movingAverage function on our metrics we have a huge spike at the beginning of the graph. From what I can see here it looks like it's using some large value (usually ~10x higher than the average on the graph) as the value #1 in the sequence.

Here are some examples:
 - http://snap.kovyrin.net/skitched-20130506-120110.gif (last 1hr, 2 points avg)
 - http://snap.kovyrin.net/skitched-20130506-120436.gif (last 1hr, 20 points avg)
 - http://snap.kovyrin.net/skitched-20130506-121228.gif (last 2hrs, 20 points avg to show that there is no actual spike at the beginning of the last hour)

Any ideas what could be causing this kind of issues?