Re: [Question #223956]: Graphite-Web Refactoring Help Request

James Stewart posted a new comment:
Hello all,

Just came across this thread while looking into using a proprietary TSDB
as a backend to Graphite in my day job. It seems to me that if I am
going to do the work to plug in this backend, it would be worth
abstracting the interface, (as discussed above) such that any other
backend, (OpenTSDB or otherwise) could also be plugged in.

We can potentially branch off on our own and do this, but obviously I'd
prefer to stay compatible with the trunk and also share my work with
others who might use it if possible. Given that my employer might be in
a position to sponsor my work on this, is there still interest? Chris
I'm particularly interested in your opinions and those of the OpenTSDB
team, being that OpenTSDB is the most obvious candidate for 'plugging'.

Cheers,

James