[Question #238018]: Error Installing / Starting - No module named twisted.python.util

Hi All,

I'm getting the following errors working through the install / start instructions:

[stage2lp48:/opt/graphite] ./bin/carbon-cache.py start

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./bin/carbon-cache.py", line 28, in <module>
    from carbon.util import run_twistd_plugin
  File "/opt/graphite/lib/carbon/util.py", line 17, in <module>
    from twisted.python.util import initgroups
ImportError: No module named twisted.python.util

I installed Twisted-13.1.0, and also tried  downgrading back to 11.1.0.  'pydoc modules' lists Twisted as an installed module, and I do see Twisted installed in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Twisted-11.1.0-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg.  At this point, it looks to me like I've got the module installed and should be able to find it.

My python binary is installed in /usr/local/bin/python

I'm not a python expert, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Steve