[Question #237910]: posting old data

Im currently running statsd with graphite. that's the realtime data from my app

i have retention for = 10:2160, 60:10080, 600: 262974

I also wanted to post old data prior i get statsd + graphite installed.

what happen if I start posting data from 1 year ago up until now ? would that interfere with data that i already have on graphite ? or it will only fill the gap ?

is there also effect while doing it in ASC order or DESC ?

thanks