[Question #243818]: collectd -> rabbitmq -> graphite

Hi, first of all thanks for creating graphite. Strictly speaking this isn't a graphite problem, but I'm hoping someone has seen this before.

I'm sending metrics from my clients to collectd on my server (via the collectd statsd plugin) which then feeds them into rabbitmq (via the collectd amqp plugin) graphite then pulls them from the queue.

This works, but in the resulting metrics appear to have originated from  the server in the graphite web application. So, instead of seeing a tree like:

statsd.servers.os.client1.memory_total

I'm seeing:

metrics-server.statsd.gauge-servers_os_client1__memory_total

If I stop collectd on the server and start a plain copy of statsd (therefore bypassing collectd and rabbitmq) I see the tree I'd like. Where should I start looking, is this more likely to be a collectd or a rabbitmq issue?