[Question #249973]: How to debug carbon.agents.*.errors ?

I have a graphite host that has been happily recording 100K metrics per minute for the last month.  Today, however, I'm seeing that the internal carbon.agents.*.errors metric is showing between 1 and 20 errors per minute.  This loosely correlates to an increase in pointsPerUpdate and a decrease in updateOperations.  committedPoints and metricsReceived has remained stable though.

What is the best way of working out why this is happening?

I'm not seeing anything suspicious in console.log, creates.log or listener.log.

I have however reduced the logging in these files due to the number of metrics we have coming in.  In carbon.conf I have:
LOG_LISTENER_CONNECTIONS = False
LOG_UPDATES = False
LOG_CACHE_HITS = False
LOG_CACHE_QUEUE_SORTS = False