[Question #256260]: Data collection framework in graphite

Hi Group:

I am looking for some insight of data collection framework of graphite (e.g. tcollecor/scollector of opentsdb). I have variety of data sources where I'll need to write custom scripts to pull data from and push it to graphite. For example, I'll need to pull data from vcenters, Wiley, Sitescope, gomez, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Ganglia etc. I'll need to push these data to graphite to be charted and displayed.

It would be great if someone can get me started. I am very familiar with Opentsdb but I really like the variety of data aggregation/manipulation functions available in graphite.

Thanks again for any insight.

Mike