[Question #256972]: no python application found

2014-11-05_18:10:31.31450 --- no python application found, check your startup logs for errors ---
2014-11-05_18:10:31.31456 [pid: 16181|app: -1|req: -1/1] xx.xx.xx.xx () {38 vars in 639 bytes} [Wed Nov  5 12:10:31 2014] GET / => generated 21 bytes in 0 msecs (HTTP/1.1 500) 2 headers in 83 bytes (1 switches on core 0)

That's the error I've been getting as a result of my attempts to get graphite-web to work on CentOS. I believe this has something to do with the uwsgi application, but I am not sure. I am using a graphite cookbook for chef that makes me want to bash my head against a wall, but I'm being held by my coworkers to use it anyway. Otherwise I'd write a separate cookbook for it to just install everything by source with limited scope. Unfortunately, that's not an option and I am being forced to write a wrapper instead.

How do I get graphite working from here? It is either extremely brittle or I am just missing something. Where would I look for further trouble shooting? Honestly it doesn't seem like there are any useful logs.

I am using the following stack:
- CentOS
- Nginx
- Graphite / Carbon / Whisper / uwsgi?

Yea, I'm no expert at this and this has become my troubleshooting nightmare. Please help.