[Question #257070]: carbon-aggregator and data replication

I two Graphite instances, each receives data independently, the data for each instance is not overlapping - they use different names. Each has carbon-aggregator in the front and carbon-cache behind the aggregator. I'd like to replicate data, so each Graphite instance has combined dataset.
In carbon.conf, [aggregator] section I set DESTINATION=host1:2003,host2:2003 where port 2003 points to the aggregator.

The replication works for the most part, but not every metric gets replicated. The first though was about network issues, but when I re-enabled the replication the same metrics were missing. What could be a possible issue here and how can it be troubleshooted?

Thank you.