Re: [Question #272229]: help tuning carbon

harabk is still having a problem:
Thanks Dennis - switching to naive has really helped the situation. We
are seeing low CPU utilization, low memory consumption, and iostat
utilization shows that we are writing substantially more data to
storage. We are a bit concerned with how spiky the iostat utilization
graph is - every hour or so we see large spikes from 5-30% to around
90-95%.

We have switched a parallel environment to CACHE_WRITE_STRATEGY = sorted
to compare - iostat utilization looks much better here - without sharp
spikes, and the memory consumption is even lower than with naive.

Is sorted preferred over naive?

Some additional questions:
Is there a way to monitor lost data points? (is this what cacheOverflow is for?) We are looking for a good strategy/approach to figure out MAX_CACHE_SIZE for our use case.

Is there a way to have carbon use more than one core? Should we be
worried about the carbon process competing with the os for the first
core?

--
You received this question notification because your team graphite-dev
is an answer contact for Graphite.