[Question #272367]: Using Seyren/Graphite to Monitor Cluster

Hi,

For example, system cpu percentage: collectd.service_helloworld.cluster_hello.host1.cpu-0.cpu-system

I'm using Seyren as the alerting dashboard and would like to setup an alert when the average cpu for a machine exceeds a certain threshold. One way of accomplishing this is to define a Seyren check for each host as follows:

averageSeries(collectd.service_A.cluster_A.hostname_1.cpu-*.cpu-system)
averageSeries(collectd.service_A.cluster_A.hostname_2.cpu-*.cpu-system)
averageSeries(collectd.service_A.cluster_A.hostname_3.cpu-*.cpu-system)
averageSeries(collectd.service_A.cluster_A.hostname_4.cpu-*.cpu-system)

However, as you can see, if you have a large cluster then defining and maintaining such checks becomes unwieldy.

So my question is, is it possible to formulate one graphite query that I could feed in as a target to a Seyren check that would accomplish what I described above? Has anyone else using Seyren/Graphite faced something similar? If so, how did you resolve it?

--
You received this question notification because your team graphite-dev
is an answer contact for Graphite.