[Question #404470]: Some graphs blank when querying beyond first retention timeframe

I'm currently using graphite 0.9.15, and I am using the following data retention scheme:
retentions = 10s:8d,1m:31d,10m:1y,1h:5y

I have tried with and without a storage-aggregation.conf, with the same effect.

The issue is that I can set the timeframe for the past 8 days within Graphite and get my graphs, as expected.  When I set the timeframe to include any date earlier than that, all of the data disappears.  I'd expect that if there were an issue with the retention / rolling at the 8d mark, setting my timeframe to the past 9 days would show one blank day and 8 days with data, but instead nothing is displayed at all.

This problem seems to affect several of my metrics, while others are unaffected. Just trying to find out the best way to troubleshoot this problem as I am somewhat new to Carbon/Graphite.

--
You received this question notification because your team graphite-dev
is an answer contact for Graphite.