Re: [Question #637073]: Send pickled metrics data to graphite

Piotr Popieluch posted a new comment:
IIRC I've sent about 10 million random metrics in two seconds over the line protocol with:
https://github.com/Civil/graphite_perf_test_go
There was no file processing involved, just wanted to indicate that you don't need pickle protocol to send many metrics.

You will have to find out what the bottleneck is in your script and
optimize that, is it file processing or does carbon block?

Did a simple test, this runs on my laptop in 0.09 seconds (wall-time)

#!/usr/bin/python3

import socket

with open('metrics', 'w') as f:
    for i in range(10000):
        f.write("metricname.{} 42 1496179248\n".format(i))

sock = socket.socket()
sock.connect(('127.0.0.1', 2003))
with open('metrics', 'r') as f:
    for line in f:
        sock.sendall(line.encode('ascii'))

--
You received this question notification because your team graphite-dev
is an answer contact for Graphite.