Re: [Question #645803]: Holt-Winter forecast time range

Wenna gave more information on the question:
- Yes, start time of each series has been changed to one week prior to the start time.
And indeed, end time remains the same, so, your series are included in training set. Why shouldn't it?

Because we are actually trying to predict the series. In graphite we
plotted the HW prediction and data together to compare. The future
prediction is not supported as you said, so the prediction result is
indeed within the same period of time as series.

Again an example, we input data from -24hours till now, and call hw on
this series. Then in Graphite it would include data from -24hours-1week
till now as training data, and output prediction from -24hours to now.
That's not prediction because what we want to predict is the input of
the prediction.

It makes more sense if training data come from -24hours -1week till
-24hours. In this case, even though we know about the data from -24hours
till now, we are still forecasting.

--
You received this question notification because your team graphite-dev
is an answer contact for Graphite.