Re: [Question #645803]: Holt-Winter forecast time range

Denis Zhdanov posted a new comment:
>So I really want to make sure that testing data are not included in training data.
Sorry, I didn't understand your question right. Yes, start time of each series has been changed to one week prior to the start time.
And indeed, end time remains the same, so, your series are included in training set. Why shouldn't it?

>it actually loses the total point of forecasting, if future forecasting is not supported. And it's actually very easy to extend.
Indeed, that's why HW is not really popular in Graphite. Unfortunately, Graphite doesn't support future datapoints, it's quite hard to implement that.

--
You received this question notification because your team graphite-dev
is an answer contact for Graphite.