[Question #662391]: Target WSGI script '/opt/graphite/conf/graphite.wsgi' cannot be loaded as Python module

I have an installation in /opt/graphite, followed the instructions on https://graphite.readthedocs.io/en/latest/install-pip.html, so used pip, already had httpd installed and the mod_wsgi.so is working and loading fine. Instructions are terrible to be honest. I had to look at these instruction and many searches. According it the instructions for pip if you are not doing a cutoms location install, you run the three pip commands and it's suppose to magically work! well it doesn't. I sometimes wonder if the developers of the product actually want people to seriously use it, there's about there's so many pieces version of dependancies, it really needs a boiler plate/cook book style install instructions. It appears to be easier for Ubuntu, but a nightmare for centos/redhat OS's. Getting a yum repo together would have been nice. The files were non modified, except for the secret in local.settings.py. Any other files are on these git repos, this is being installed on centos7

export PYTHONPATH="/opt/graphite/lib/:/opt/graphite/webapp/"
pip install --no-binary=:all: https://github.com/graphite-project/whisper/tarball/master
pip install --no-binary=:all: https://github.com/graphite-project/carbon/tarball/master
pip install --no-binary=:all: https://github.com/graphite-project/graphite-web/tarball/master

This is 3days of debugging, before sending this, sorry if I sound frustrated, I am annoyed there's no proper documentation. if any one has a clue please help.

--
You received this question notification because your team graphite-dev
is an answer contact for Graphite.