Re: [Gtg] refactoring in progress

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:07:27 +0100, Bertrand Rousseau
<bertrand.rousseau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> 1.a) Tasks handling of childs/parents should be completely delegated to
>> TreeNode. No more parent/child handling in the task itself. I plan to
do
>> it
>> soon.
>> 1.b) Make filters working again. As we are not rebuilding the tree
>> anymore, we will work with filters. I hope Bertrand can give some hints
>> about filters and how they are currently used in GTG
>
> I can have a look at this, or discuss it with you and everyone else
> interested. Preferably on IRC since it will be difficult to give a
> broad explanation of this stuff.

don't know why, but I'm not able to connect to #gtg anymore. I'm on #gtg2
currently.

>> 1.c) Rewriting the requester. I will do it once the filters are
working.

>> In the process, I expect lot and lot of code to be dumped. This is a
very
>> good thing, IMHO.
>>

>> 2) Because I had stuffs to do in the browser, I already started to
split
>> the browser into the real browser and a "core/manager.py" that handles
>> all
>> GTG windows. This is already working with a couple of FIXME in the
>> manager
>> code that are still handled in the browser.
>
> That's great, having a browser too tightly coupled to the data
> handling was a big concern for me! I'm a bit surprised tough to see
> code from core to handle windows and thus being gtk-specific, I
> suppose.

This could be moved and adapted. This was just my first idea. Maybe we
should create a new module instead of putting it in the core. I don't know,
feel free to modify this :-)