Problem with trunk : revisions removed

Hi people,

There has been a big problem with the trunk : someone accidentally
pushed his own branch instead of the trunk. It looks like it's you,
Bryce (but I'm not 100% sure).

This should not happen and, if it cannot be corrected, at least it
should be reported immediately to the dev list. I'm concerned both by
the fact that it happens and that nobody seems to care about it. Maybe
I'm missing something here.

In fact, I don't understand why bazaar allows that kind of behavior
which looks like it would allow some data loss. (and I don't know how
you, guys, can do this. I have no idea on how to do it. Bzr would tell
me that branches have diverged and that I cannot push)

Please take care in the future,

Thanks,

Lionel

PS: even if there's no code loss with the current error, the fact is
that :

1) it's hard to prove that there was no code loss
2) it's nearly impossible to retrace the history
3) you loose every relation to where a given bug was fixed
4) Every current copy of the trunk become suddenly incompatible with the
trunk, which is highly annoying.

PPS: I don't want to point anyone or anything. If it's a mistake (which
happens), it is anyway already done, I only want to be sure that it
doesn't happen again in the future. If it's something that I don't
understand, please explain me ;-)

Follow ups