Client-server separation: code reorganization

Hi all,

  As a reminder, I am working on C/S separation in GTG for GSoC this
summer. As preparation, it would be helpful to rearrange the file &
directory structure in the source tree. I figure it is best to discuss
this before preparing a merge that moves code all over the place.

Currently we have:
data/
doc/
GTG/
        backends/
        core/
        plugins/
        taskbrowser/
        taskeditor/
        tests/
        tools/
        viewmanager/
po/
scripts/
test/
gtcli
gtg
gtg_new_task

Some issues are:
 * Plugins will eventually be plugins only for the PyGTK UI.
 * There are currently two UIs: a command-line interface (CLI) & PyGTK.
 * Files for the CLI are in the top level.
 * Files for the PyGTK UI are under GTG/plugins, GTG/taskbrowser,
GTG/taskeditor, GTG/viewmanager.
 * Karlo will be adding a third UI.

I would suggest:
 * Give the CLI its own directory under GTG/
 * Consolidate the PyGTK UI into one directory under GTG/ (name?)
 * Include plugins in the above.

Please let me know what you think.

--
Paul Kishimoto
MASc candidate (2010), Flight Systems & Control Group

http://paul.kishimoto.name — +19053029315