Re: Client-server separation: code reorganization

On 01/06/10 18:59, Paul Natsuo Kishimoto wrote:
Hi all,

   As a reminder, I am working on C/S separation in GTG for GSoC this
summer. As preparation, it would be helpful to rearrange the file&
directory structure in the source tree. I figure it is best to discuss
this before preparing a merge that moves code all over the place.

Currently we have:
data/
doc/
GTG/
         backends/
         core/
         plugins/
         taskbrowser/
         taskeditor/
         tests/
         tools/
         viewmanager/
po/
scripts/
test/
gtcli
gtg
gtg_new_task

Some issues are:
  * Plugins will eventually be plugins only for the PyGTK UI.
  * There are currently two UIs: a command-line interface (CLI)&  PyGTK.
  * Files for the CLI are in the top level.
  * Files for the PyGTK UI are under GTG/plugins, GTG/taskbrowser,
GTG/taskeditor, GTG/viewmanager.
  * Karlo will be adding a third UI.

I would suggest:
  * Give the CLI its own directory under GTG/
  * Consolidate the PyGTK UI into one directory under GTG/ (name?)
  * Include plugins in the above.

I agree with this. I would suggest a simple GTG/gtk directory for the UI.

Please let me know what you think.