Liblarch daily news

Hi there,

the liblarch_rebased branch is progressing really fast and is not far from
being feature complete (and we can really start to debug the liblarch-gtk).
I introduced a new feature in liblarch today : giving name to a ViewTree.
If you give a name to a view, you will be able to retrieve and use that
view from anywhere. A lot of code have been rewritten and this is a breeze
! No ad-hoc checking everywhere anymore : just check that a node is in a
view. As an example, tags don't maintain a list of tasks related to them
anymore. They simply use views with filters.

A lot of stuffs could be removed. My big project : having browser.py under
the 1000loc threshold !

Known bugs :
- Tags with 0 tasks are displayed although they should be filtered. I
still have to understand why.
- liblarch-gtk : child tasks not always removed correctly. I think I know
why

Not yet implemented in GTG:
- Refreshing the task count for a tag (you have to move your cursor above
it to update it)
- Tags attributes not saved (color,children)

Not yet implemented in liblarch-gtk:
- drag-n-drop
- column sorting (that's why you might see special tags in random order)

Note for Bryce : filters are now implemented. They are in
core/treefactory.py (a new class that populates Tagtree and Tasktree, and
filters are part of a tree). I think you might fix your pet bug there
(circa line 136) ;-)

Well, it looks really really really good ! I haven't had a gtk crash for
days with that branch. It looks like most of problem you might have is old
code not ported to the new way of programming in GTG. As you can see, the
todo list isn't that high ! When I need to add a feature, I feel that
everything is logical and only in one place, which is really good.
The only problem I foresee is the plugin API. Plugin will more probably
need a rewrite and I will need a big help to create that API.

Cheers,

Lionel