Working on liblarch this winter

Hi all,

  Since I expect to have some time over the holidays, I am going to try
to break up some improvements from the branch:

      https://code.launchpad.net/~gtg-contributors/gtg/dbus-server

…into the smallest possible pieces, to be added to trunk one-by-one. For
example, replace the list of a TreeNode's parents with a set (much
faster). Or add a null RootNode class, etc.

Two questions:

     1. Is liblarch going to be threaded or not going forward? If not,
        does it make sense to remove the current thread-related code? It
        will always be available in bzr.
     2. Is it better to propose a lot of merges from ~gtg-contributors,
        or should I ask to join ~gtg (GTG developers)? It seems like
        people don't have a lot of time to review merge proposals (one
        is >4 months old).

Cheers,
--
Paul Natsuo Kishimoto

SM candidate, Technology & Policy Program (2012)
Research assistant,  http://globalchange.mit.edu
http://paul.kishimoto.name          +16173026105