Re: GTG web

Hi Karlo,

Pedro Gaudêncio is also interested in a contribution to GTG web interface. You guys could together and share the work (I think there will be enough it for everybody ;)

The DBus interface might not be complete. Also, I believe that liblarch
itself should be exposed through DBus, it would make things a lot more
easier. So, what you should do now is :
1) identify the DBus API you need to start working
2) start working
3) As soon as you need a new API, get in touch with me or Izidor

Just a suggestion about DBus. Try to create a separate DBus layer in GTG web interface. It might change in the future (and it probably will when we properly separate GTG core from GTG GTK :-) Dealing with "unstable" API just in one place might save you much trouble.

The biggest challenge I foresee is multi-user storage. Currently, GTG
has no concept of user. But, obviously, the web interface will require a
valid logged user (assume that the user login is an email address). My
take is that currently we have a 123123123.xml file for the task list
and that it could be relatively easy to give "user@xxxxxxxxx" parameter
to DBus so it opens only "user@xxxxxxxxx/12123123.xml". The good thing
about re-using GTG is that backends will still be available in the web
interface.

What about each user will have its own backends. Just change the backend engine a little bit (inform backends only from tasks from this user and vice versa) seems feasible to me.

I am glad that you guys want to contribute to GTG!

Izidor