Re: GTG GSoC idea: GTG UI

2012/3/1 Izidor Matušov <izidor.matusov@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Bertrand,
>
> That's a good idea! GTG needs somebody who is more into UI than low-level
> things. I read the proposal and the first question was: Are you allowed to
> participate in GSoC without coding? I don't know the answer.

I'll look into it and /or adapt the proposal.

> For the record, there are some initiatives already:
> * https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtg/+bug/885320

That was the link I wanted to include below, I mistakenly pasted a GMail url.

> * https://live.gnome.org/Design/Apps/Potential/TodoList (the guy started
> working this week)

Really interesting! That was one of the task I was wanting to ask the
hypothetical GSoC student to do!

>>  * Read the discussion on this bug:
>> https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&view=bsp&ver=ohhl4rw8mbn4 and have
>> a look the great proposals/mockups that rAX and vovkkk have made (look
>> at the bug attachments).
>

> I can't access the link, probably it's internal GMail link.
>
> I like the idea and would be happy to help a student with implementing his
> UI.

Great, maybe I'll rewrite the proposal to include more coding/less
design, and we could then co-mentor the work!