Re: Explanation on the concept of subtasks

I understand your point of view, and I agree with most of it, but I think the reasoning is incomplete.

You define a "correct" way of organizing oneself (task are when all subtask are done), and an "abusive" way (parent tasks are container for groups of seemingly related tasks).

I'm ok with that distinction. But you actually why the "abusive" way of organizing yourself introduce some kind of pervertion (either at the organization system level or in GTG and GTG's UI).

Those elements are however essential to the discussion: is it just wrong to organize yourself this way? (In which case GTG could act as a promoter of a better way to organize, therefore achieving a goal of improving one's life). Or is it ok to organize yourself this way, but wrong to use GTG like this? (Therefore actually deciding that GTG is not made for the people preferring this organization scheme).

Depending on those, the stated goal of GTG and its potential public would be different. This is something that must be decided, and acted upon by carefully designing so that no confusion is possible.

Bertrand

--
Bertrand Rousseau