Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 21:42:49 +0200
From: alba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: gtg-contributors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Gtg-contributors] Redesign: Mockups and Stuff (Round 2)

    Hey everyone,

    today, i was in the mood to do some mockups. I tried to take all
    your proposals in consideration and focus on synchronization and
    collaboration. I'm not finished yet, but i wanted to give you an
    update.

    First of all, i want to make another proposal. GTG currently uses
    the "@" to define tags, and having in mind that Bertrand would like
    to see collaboration-features, i think it would be better to do it
    like twitter and many other applications and use "#" to define Tags,
    and "@" to assign tags to people.

    For example: Write @Angela to do sth. #Work #Important

    BTW: I wouldn't use "Context" instead of "Tags", i'm not a native
    english speaker, but i think "Context" might be confusing. The word
    "Tag" is used by so many other applications as well, just think
    about twitter (almost everyone knows what a hashtag is).

    If you really want to get rid of "Tags", maybe we could use
    "Labels"?

The most obvious change is the dark sidebar. I've made an other
    mockup with a white sidebar (see light.png), but this led to too
    much visual clutter. In my opinion, the whole interface is much more
    calm with a dark sidebar.

    I also switched back to another font, because i hate the standard
    "Sans" font and i think it's ugly as hell.

    View/Filter Controls:

    I designed the controls in the primary toolbar to filter by time and
    importance, and the controls in the sidebar strictly to filter by
    tags and persons.

    Sidebar:

    - Inbox (All Tags)

    - Saved Searches (I'm not satisfied with the default icon of the
    saved searches, any ideas?)

    - Tags (I'll add Groups or Folders where you can group tags
    tomorrow)

    - People

    Primary Toolbar:

    - All Tasks

    - Focus (or Workview)

    - Scheduled (or Next Tasks)

    - Done

      Sidebar:

    Apart from the new filters, i placed a small "sync-box" at the
    bottom of the sidebar. The Sync-Icon is intended to spin, when GTG
    is currently synchronizing. It shows you all the services which you
    are connected with and gives you the option to add another account.

    Tasks:

    - I'ts a 2-Row Task again.

    - I retained the star for priorizing tasks, because i think, having
    visual feedback is really important, especially if you have 20+
    tasks. Drag&Drop and this button are not contradictionary, so i
    think we should implement both (If you drag a task to the top, the
    star would get yellow as well).

    - Icons for start and due-date (do you think their meaning is
    clear?)

    To-Do:

    - Clalendar View

    - Maybe another Summary-Page attempt

    - Groups/Folders for Tags

    - Edit-View

    P.S.: Maybe, I'll get access to the github repo this weekend, so you
    can get my .xcf files. I have to warn you though, i'm not too
    ambitious in naming the layers :-)

    Thats it for now, let me know what you think,

    Alex