Re: Redesign: Mockups and Stuff (Round 2)

Hi,

They look great! It feels more and more solid too!

I have again some remarks I'd like to share with you, they're below. (btw,
I hope I don't seem too picky. I really like what you're proposing!)

Thanks again for the awesome work you're doing! Tell us when your mockups
will be available for edition (I'd like to test some ideas)!

Bertrand

*Main window*

I like the way you solved the need for visual separation between the
sidebar and the task list. The subtle light grey background is a nice and
subtle clue.

Regarding "Inbox", you seem to suggest that the inbox is the same as the
"all tags" filter. I don't think it's a good idea to merge both. Inbox is
reserved for incoming/not yet sorted tasks. All tags (or, I'd say, "All
tasks") should be a separate items that allows to look at all available
(and not-yet-done) tasks, without any kind of filtering. It should be a
separate item.

*Task editor
*
Instead of "a task", the editor title could be the task title itself.

There should aeybe be a clue about how to go back to the task list in the
header (like the left-pointing triangle in [1]). Also the "Done" label is a
bit confusing: would pressing it mark the as done or return to the task
list? Maybe a different wording (e.g. "Return to task list" - which is a
bit long, though), or just replacing this button by a left-pointing
triangle would do.

I wonder if it wouldn't more interesting to rearrange the toolbar a bit:
 - place "mark as done" and "delete" in the header (e.g. on the right)
 - leave only edition-related buttons in the toolbar

Maybe the sidebar could be arranged in sections, just like the task browser
sidebar. The first would obviously be "Date". There could be additional
(and/or optional) sections, like "Related tags", "Related people", etc. (it
would thus be a playground for plugins).

[1]
https://live.gnome.org/Design/Apps/Music?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=Music.png