Re: Redesign: Mockups and Stuff (Round 2)

Am 15.04.2012 14:11, schrieb Bertrand Rousseau:

Hi,

They look great! It feels more and more solid too!

I have again some remarks I'd like to share with you, they're below. (btw, I hope I don't seem too picky. I really like what you're proposing!)

No, you don't seem picky at all. In fact, i always wait for you to respond, because you are the strictest critic (in a positive manner) :-)

Thanks again for the awesome work you're doing! Tell us when your mockups will be available for edition (I'd like to test some ideas)!
I wrote Allan today about the git repo. As soon as i can upload files, i'll tell you.

Regarding "Inbox", you seem to suggest that the inbox is the same as the "all tags" filter. I don't think it's a good idea to merge both. Inbox is reserved for incoming/not yet sorted tasks. All tags (or, I'd say, "All tasks") should be a separate items that allows to look at all available (and not-yet-done) tasks, without any kind of filtering. It should be a separate item.
You're right on that, but then we will need another control, something that displays all tasks, regardless of their assigned people or tags. Maybe we should drop "Starring"?

*Task editor
*
Instead of "a task", the editor title could be the task title itself.
That was my intention, it seems that "A Task" wasn't clear enough :-)

There should aeybe be a clue about how to go back to the task list in the header (like the left-pointing triangle in [1]). Also the "Done" label is a bit confusing: would pressing it mark the as done or return to the task list? Maybe a different wording (e.g. "Return to task list" - which is a bit long, though), or just replacing this button by a left-pointing triangle would do.

I wonder if it wouldn't more interesting to rearrange the toolbar a bit:
 - place "mark as done" and "delete" in the header (e.g. on the right)
 - leave only edition-related buttons in the toolbar
These are good points, i'll consider that in the next mockup.

Maybe the sidebar could be arranged in sections, just like the task browser sidebar. The first would obviously be "Date". There could be additional (and/or optional) sections, like "Related tags", "Related people", etc. (it would thus be a playground for plugins).

Again, another good idea.

I think, i'll get right to it