GTG FAQ & Mess in $XDG_DATA_HOME/gtg

Hi Bertrand & other GTG folks,

I find out that you started our FAQ [1]. I would like to ask you if the described problem is still in the latest trunk or not. GTG from trunk solves that kind of problem by default.

Many people complain about the current backuping. There are many backup files in your ~/.local/share/gtg because of .bak.[0-7] and also daily snapshots .bak.YYYY-MM-DD My folder contains about 57 files like that. Backups works for tasks files and project.xml but tags.xml (It is really a mess)

I would propose to store all those backup files into $XDG_DATA_HOME/gtg/backups. It would add more logic in those files and the user would be astonished how many backups GTG makes. :) Also we should enable backups for tags.xml.

Is there any reason, why we generate a "random" name for a task file? Why doesn't use GTG gtg_tasks.xml by default?

Looking forward to your opinions :)

Izidor

1: https://live.gnome.org/gtg/FAQ

Follow ups