Re: Switching Task Editor to a MVC Architecture?

The more I think about how to make the Task Editor easier to maintain, I
was wondering what everyone thinks about using a model-view-controller
type architecture in the rewriting of it? To me this would benefit us
greatly in the fact that all the code will be split up into smaller
pieces, which will make everything easier to read and find bugs. This
will also help in refactoring easier down the line because when a new
GTK+ version comes out and GTG decides to move to that version, we don't
have to rewrite the entire editor, we can just plug our controller with
the new user interface. What does everyone else think about this?

Great idea! I think it is must. Could you describe more how it should work for our editor? I have clear image of using MVC for web apps. I am eager to hear more details :)

Izidor