Switching Task Editor to a MVC Architecture?

Hello GTG Contributors,

The more I think about how to make the Task Editor easier to maintain, I
was wondering what everyone thinks about using a model-view-controller type
architecture in the rewriting of it? To me this would benefit us greatly in
the fact that all the code will be split up into smaller pieces, which will
make everything easier to read and find bugs. This will also help in
refactoring easier down the line because when a new GTK+ version comes out
and GTG decides to move to that version, we don't have to rewrite the
entire editor, we can just plug our controller with the new user interface.
What does everyone else think about this?

Thanks,
Steve Scheel

Follow ups