Re: [gtg-user] Feature: Make local xml backend configureable

Le lundi 13 juillet 2009 à 17:37 +0200, Benjamin Klüglein a écrit :
> Hi folks,
>
> I recently started using GTG as my GTD tool of choice, because of its
> usability and nice interface. And because I can also run it on my
> OpenMoko Freerunner :-).

w00t ! Pictures, we want pictures to post on GTG blog !

> Thanks for your effort creating this cool tool!!!
>
> I'm using it on different pcs and the only issue I have right now with
> the programm is that it's not really convinient to synchronize my
> tasks between my computers.
> So I came up with the idea that it would be cool to be able to
> configure where gtg saves its local xml files, so I would be easily
> able to use dropbox or ubuntu one to sync my tasks.
> What do you think about that feature?

There's currently an easy way to do that : exporting XDG_DATA_HOME
variable. Have a look at the /tests/debug.sh script and modify it to use
your dropbox folder and use it to launch gtg. It's already used by
several people here I think.

Don't worry : the variable is only changed for the current process so
other software are not affected.

More information about XDG folders can be found here :
http://ploum.frimouvy.org/?207-modify-your-application-to-use-xdg-folders

I admit that this is still a tricky hack. The reason is simple : we
currently don't support multiple backend. But this is our top priority
for 0.2.

Lionel