Re: hi everyone!

We should really put that in bold on the wiki because it looks like a
common request.

There is no tray icon in GNOME. Tray icon is a Windows concept which is
one of the worst UI concept ever invented. GNOME HIG made it really clear
: notification area should be used only for temporary notification.

So GTG will never have a permanent tray icon. That's it. But we hope to
provide soon a GNOME applet, segphault is working on it and it will be
really really nice :-)