Re: hi everyone!

Tomboy does not minimize to tray. It uses an applet.

And if you want to argue about UI, I believe you would better not want to
take skype as an example ;-)

Pidgin and skype are NOT GNOME application at all. We specially want GTG
to not be another "thing" with lot of stuff everywhere. Real GNOME
application that use the notification area as a tray are considered as a
bug. Next Rhythmbox, for example, will now disable it by defautl.

I will write more on my blog to justify that but, in the meantime, there's
no way that I will ever write one single line of code to add something as
ugly as a "tray".

But as soon as we have plugin support (which is coming soon), you will be
able to write your tray plugin.

Yes, as you can see, that's a sensible point for me ;-)

Lionel