Re: Howto on implementing GTD with GTG ?

Hi.

(I assume Bertrand's message was not meant to be only for me and he just
forgot to CC: the list, so responding with a copy of his previous
response)

Le mardi 25 août 2009 à 17:35 +0200, Bertrand Rousseau a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 6:36 PM, Olivier
> Berger<olivier.berger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > It's not exactly clear to me if GTG is meant for GTD or not, but it
> > seems that the name similarity at least is an indication ;-)
>
> GTG is inspired by GTD, but not meant for GTD. We'd preferably want to
> allow people to build their personal organization system using GTG as
> a flexible tool. However it already appeared, through several bug
> reports, that GTG lacks some concepts that would allow someone to
> implement a pure GTD system. In future release some of these concepts
> will probably be implemented in some ways. You can go through our bug
> reports if you'd like to know more about that.

OK, thanks for that clarification, maybe worth mentioning on the site ?

> > Is there any howto available on how to use GTG to implement GTD ?
>
> Right now, there is none. If you'd like to contribute to this, feel
> free to add such an how-to to our wiki (http://live.gnome.org/gtg/).

I don't think I'm ready yet, as I'm just starting to collect my tasks
and haven't really dived into GTD completely ;)

Still, the sorting of projects and tasks I've made is inspired by the
following message :
http://www.mail-archive.com/zim-wiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg00320.html
trying to replicate in GTD the Zim notes organisation he had setup.

What I've done so fair is to use some prefixes for the sorting of tasks
for the top-level projects, and of the corresponding tags, something
like :
Projects :
 _ (an empty '_' task/project, containing subtasks :)
    @_PROJECTS
    @_SOMEDAY
    @_ARCHIVE
 _Z========================= (a final separator from the inbox items bellow)
   ... (all the pending inbox items)

Then the tags to tag these :
 _ARCHIVE
 _PROJECTS
 _SOMEDAY
 _~_Waiting
 _~_Telephone
etc.

Dunno if this will prove useful when I'm really in GTD, but looks promising ;)

I'll try and add a task about filling that into the wiki when I'm more
confident this is a valid system.

> Don't hesitate to provide us feedback about that by discussing things
> on this mailing-list or by reporting bugs!

Sure, I like bugtrackers
( http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/weblog/tag/bugs/ )... ça va
faire mal si je m'y mets ;)

Regards,