Planing 0.2 release

Hello GTG community,

I must admit that I've been personnaly very busy in the last weeks with
real life, work and holidays. Bertrand still not have Internet at home.
But fortunatly, Paulo Cabido and Luca Invernizzi are working like four men
and doing a very good job. Thanks guys, it's really excellent.

Nevertheless, it's been a long time since the last release and it's now
time to get 0.2 out. I propose an ambitious target for 0.2 release with
October 17. Why? Because it will be exactly one year after the first gtg
commit.

So, what should we do :

* We must focus on bug solving only. No more new feature or improvement.
There are already more new feature than expected in a release.
* Bug targetted for 0.2 should be reassigned to 0.3 if they are not
critical, important or feature request (
https://edge.launchpad.net/gtg/+milestone/0.2 )
* Test, test, test and report bug

Also, in those days and after a lot of refactoring work (mostly by
Bertrand), the code is a lot less commented and organized. It means that,
when solving bug, each time you don't immediatly understand the reason for
a given code snippet, write a comment explaining that code. It will saves
a lot of time in the future. We will accept merge request that are only
comments and/or small refactoring !

We should also write more unit tests, we have nearly none and now that the
codebase is growing, we start to have quality issues.

You can help us !

* You can triage bugs, classify them between important bug, small bug or
feature request and asking information until the bug is complete enough so
a developer only have to read it.
* You can assign bug to yourself, write code, fix the bug and do a merge
request ( http://live.gnome.org/gtg/contributing ). It's easier than you
think!
* You can proofread the code, add comments, reorganize a bit and make
things prettier.
* You can write unit tests (this would be a huge contribution)
* You can maintain the wiki and prepare everything for the 0.2 release. If
you want to be involved deeper, you can become our official webmaster and
have the keys of gtg.fritalk.com

Thank you a lot for your support, for your kind work and for using GTG.

Rock-n-rolly yours,

Ploum

Follow ups