RTM plugin

Hello all,
I've just started using GTG as I had read about note sync with Remember the Milk, and I wanted something for my computer that I could sync with my Android phone. However, I haven't been able to test it out as I can't enable the RTM plugin. I'm not sure why it won't allow me; I have a fully updated system (running Karmic), and I wasn't able to figure out anything from running gtg from a terminal with the --debug option. The plugin just says "The plugin cannot be loaded. Unknown error while loading the plugin." when I try to select it in the plugin preferences dialog. I've been searching for any sort of docs on it and looked through the mailing list some, but haven't been able to find anything. Is there something simple and obvious that I need to do?

Thanks