Re: couchdb status?

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 20:56:20 +1100, Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 7:45 PM, Lionel Dricot <ploum@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Regarding backends, I will send a long email explaining what's the plan
>> for backends in 0.3. In short, the goal is to have multiple backends
that
>> you can select as "task sources". I will send this email after 0.2 is
>> released (due for this Friday), to not add too much confusion to the
>> release process.
>>

> Why do you want to support multiple backends?

Because it would allows very powerful stuffs. It was one of my first ideas
for GTG but a lot of other stuffs happened that prevented me to implement
it in 0.2. I will explain everything as soon as I find the time to write a
long email :-)

>> If more and more GTG people are at UDS, I hope to get some sponsoring
for
>> next UDS ;-)
>>

> Well, traditionally, the mid-year UDS is in Europe :)

That doesn't mean that I can afford it if I'm not sponsored but it might
indeed make the sponsoring easier. It would be great to meet at UDS to work
on couchdb and on a related web interface.

Lionel