Re: RTM plugin: lists are not synchronized

On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 14:37 +0100, Tom Van Braeckel wrote:
[deletia, and...]

> As far as I can tell, the RTM plugin (and GTG in general) does not
> support lists, only tasks and tags.
>
> Now, to resolve this, I see 2 solutions:
>
> 1) Giving each task from RTM a tag with the name of the list.
> That way, tags would be used to create "lists".
>
> 2) Making each task from RTM a subtask of a task with the name of the
> list.
> That way, parent-tasks would have all child-tasks under them.
>
> The first option seems best to me and I'd like to take a stab at it,
> but I don't know GTG or the future direction very well, so feel free
> to make suggestions !

I suspect the 2nd option to be more "correct". Lists and tags are
semantically different:

      * In RTM a task can have any number of tags, but it can belong to
        only one list. This could be a problem when uploading tasks
        created in GTG to RTM (what happens if a task uploaded from GTG
        has multiple 'list tags' -- which RTM list should it actually go
        to?)
      * In GTG a task can have any number of tags, but only one parent
        task (except it can, if you know how to do it).

I suspect this was probably not much help...

Matthew Bassett

      * Email: matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxx
      * PGP Fingerprint: 457B BA13 A33D 82FA F744 D7F7 ACBC 78D5 097B
        0551
      * Phone: +44 (7979) 867001
      * Web log: http://www.mbassett.org