Re: Tracks and synchronization engine

Hi there,
the next big thing with GTG will be a centralized way to
do synchronizations (with a lot of smart features attached). I believe we
will start working on that in April/May, so we're quite close.

Currently, there is a working sync engine, which is behind the Evolution and
the RTM plugin. Look for the SyncEngine.py file in the RTM plugin directory.
I believe that will be one of the bases of the "centralized sync engine"
(aka "multiple backends feature" in GTG jargon). Using that, you'll need to
worry only to write the equivalent of RtmProxy.py and RtmTask.py. The Proxy
handles the connection to the service (authentication and so on), while the
Task handles all the task-level stuff (e.g., get_title, get_tags).

That said, I think you should do two things:
- open a bug for the getontraks.org backend (and tag it "backends",
otherwise we might miss it)
- wait until the central sync lands. Writing a plugin forking the RTM one is
quite easy, but it will need to be converted to the new system in a couple
of months. A plugin is very welcome, anyway :-D

Cheers for your interest in GTG! If you want, hang out in #gtg on
irc.gimp.org to discuss this.

  Luca Invernizzi