GTG news

Hello dear GTG fans,

Development has slowed down a bit this last two months due to a lot of
stuffs in the real life of most GTG contributors.

This happens from time to time but that doesn't mean than GTG development
is stalled. Au contraire !

I've the pleasure to announce you that :

1) Bryce Harrington is now an official GTG developer. Bryce is an
impressive contributor and deserved that place for a long time. Welcome on
board Bryce !

2) GTG received 14 Summer of Code proposals. This make it the most popular
GNOME project in term of proposals. Amongst them, 6 proposals were really
top proposals and deserved a slot in the GNOME Summer of Code.
Unfortunatly, we cannot take 6 slots of the 22 slots allowed to the whole
GNOME. So we were aiming for 2 slots.

3) We received 3 slots for students ! Those are assigned to Luca
Invernizzi, Paul Kishimoto and Karlo Jež. They will work full time on GTG
during 3 months, all payed by Google. They will introduce themselves and
their project to the list soon.

That's a lot of good things that are coming together with the sun.

Lionel

PS : if you have branches or patches ready to merge, please ping me by
private mail to be sure I don't miss them.